The Community Events Calendar (the "Calendar") gives civic, charitable, non-profit, educational, governmental, and/or public agencies and organizations the ability to post relevant regional event notices for public viewing on cometolife.ca. No other use is permitted.
The Calendar is a moderated user-access tool to help showcase and promote community events and activities of interest to Lac Ste. Anne residents, business owners and visitors. The Calendar is available for use by civic, charitable, non-profit, educational, governmental, and/or public agencies and organizations.
Calendar moderators will not publish private, for-profit business content. To be eligible for posting, community events should be open to the public, community-oriented and sponsored by an agency or group registered within the Lac Ste. Anne region. It is the responsibility of the authorized organizations to submit and maintain the content of their particular event on the Calendar. Moderators of thie Website are not responsible for posting or maintaining information on the Calendar
All events submitted for publication on the Calendar are subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Partners in Progress reserves the right to restrict, delete or refuse to post any submission that in their sole opinion is deemed inappropriate, at any time and without notice.
Community Event means any charitable, educational, cultural, or recreational event taking place within the boundaries of Partners in Progress by a not-for-profit group or organization. Community Event Calendar means a calendar on the Come to Life or affiliated website. Moderator means the Chief Administrative Officer of Lac Ste. Anne County or their designate. Partners in Progress Boundary means within the boundaries of Lac Ste. Anne County and its member municipalities.
Responsibilities and Guidelines
All Calendar content may be periodically monitored by the Moderator, who may review and approve all submissions for conformance to this policy. Content not in compliance with this policy may be deleted at any time and without notice. The Moderator will grant eligible groups and organizations the right to access to post and maintain current information on the Calendar. It is not the responsibility of the Moderator to post or remove events or amend the postings to reflect changes in the event planning.
Acceptable Calendar content is any content that informs residents and visitors of events that are scheduled to take place within the Partners in Progress region. Posting of commercial events is not permitted.
Community Event Criteria
Community Events must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Organized or funded by another order of government, government agency or board
- Organized or sponsored by a Partners in Progress affiliated group (including any municipal member of Partners in Progress)
- Organized by a charitable organization (with registered charitable number) operating within Partners in Progress boundary
- Organized by a service group, or a social or recreational club operating within the Partners in Progress boundary
Event Posting Content
Postings shall include, and shall be limited to:
- Name of group, organization or person sponsoring the event
- Concise description of the event including any admission fees, who is welcome to attend, etc.
- Date and time of event
- Location of event
- Contact phone number for host or hosting organization
Submissions containing the following content shall not be allowed for posting:
- Profane language and content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientati
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Regular scheduled events (e.g. fitness classes, dance lessons, etc. that are not taking place within a municipal facility)
- Private events such as family reunion, weddings, birthdays, etc.
- Contains spam or advertising
- Content that promotes illegal activities
- Content that promotes particular services, products or political organizations
- Content that pomotes individual religions or religious services
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety and security of the public or the municipality
- Content that violates a legal ownership of any other party
- Content that violates any federal, provincial, or municipal statute or regulation, or a bylaw or policy of any member municipality
Community Events shall be located within the Partners in Progress Boundary.
Submissions shall only be accepted from the following participants for events that benefit residents within the Partners in Progress boundary:
- Local public and private educational institutions
- Local non-profit organizations
- Local service groups
- Local social and recreational clubs
Submissions may only be posted by eligible groups that have been authorized by the Moderator (or designate).
All Community Event submissions must clearly identify the group or organization that is doing the posting. Anonymous postings of events shall be prohibited.
Approval of Submission
Decisions on whether or not to add, remove or deny any posting to the Calendar shall be made at the sole discretion of the Moderator.
The Calendar is provided as a community service to citizens within, and visitors to, the Partners in Progress region. Though the Calendar is moderated for posting acceptable events, neither Partners In Progress nor their respective municipalities endorse nor make representation or warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, quality or reliability of the information posted on the Community Event Calendar that has been submitted by an eligible group or organization. If an entry includes a link to a website that is not part of Partners in Progress, the Partners do not control or review content or operation of that website.
Partners in Progress guarantees neither the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness nor security of the link, website or content linked thereto. Partners in Progress encourages you to exercise caution when accessing any unfamiliar website.
Updated May 10, 2021